A tasty, healthy way to get more protein
I got this recipe from a girl at work so thought I'd share. It involves fruit and some extra protein, so you can't really go wrong! Doesn't take too long and you can mix and match the fruit if you like, the original recipe involved raspberries but as I only had strawberries in the house I mixed it up - adventurous, I know!
Or switch it to overnight oats!
If you're not really in the mood for a smoothie, or smoothies aren't really your thing you can add some oats once it's prepared, leave it in the fridge overnight and voila! You've got yourself a protein filled breakfast in the form of overnight oats. Yum.
VEGAN TIP - make this smoothie vegan by swapping the yogurt and protein for vegan alternatives. I like Alpro Yogurt and have heard MYPROTEIN also do good vegan protein powders.
What you need
- Yogurt (I used vanilla however natural greek is probably better) 70g
- Avocado 58g
- Strawberries 57g
- Coconut Oil 5g
- Rice Milk (or whatever variation) 200ml
- Vanilla Protein Powder 27g
- Place all the ingredients into the blender with half of the milk
- Blitz for 1 minute
- Add the rest of the milk and blitz until the consistency is right for you
Enjoy your smoothie and add some ice into the blender should you prefer it colder!
For the overnight oats
- Split into half and add 20g oats to each portion (don't forget to mix it up)
- Cover and leave in fridge overnight
The next day you should have two portions of overnight oats to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack.